GCSCA MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS -2020:
- Membership Application Forms: Obtain membership application forms at a fee of GHc250 from National/Regional/District society. A susu collector/enterprise shall complete an application form which also serves as personal identification and records.
A Complete form should be submitted to applicant’s Regional Office with the following attachments.
a) Passport Picture: He/She shall be required to submit four (4) passport size picture each of (applicant and guarantors) for an ID card, District, Regional and National files.
b) Sample of susu passbook
c.) Photocopy of Registration of business Name.
d) Medical Report from any Government hospital
e) Guarantors: (The applicant shall be required to present (3) guarantors with sworn Affidavits) Guarantors shall be of high profile persons in society. For example (lawyers, Doctors, Pastors, Senior Civil servant, etc)
f) Photocopy of National Identification of applicant and guarantors (i.e Voters ID, Passport, Driver license, NHIS ID)
|REGION||GCSCA CERTIFICATION||BoG LICENSE||REGIONAL CHARGES||TOTAL|
- Introductory letter to Registrar Generals Department: Applicant shall be given an introductory letter to Registrar General’s department after a full payment of membership certification fee of GHc1,100.00 and Bank of Ghana License fee of GHc600.00 (Total =GHc1,700.00) NOTE: All Regional charges are to be paid at the respective regions,
- Shares: All new applicant/members shall own shares in their respective regional societies. Each members is required to purchase a minimum of GHc500.00 shares in their society.
- Due Diligence & Interviews: The applicant shall be invited and interviewed by the Regional/District Executives.
- Onsite Examination: The monitory and supervision unit shall conduct further onsite-examination of the office premises, documentation and data capturing systems to ascertain the qualification of the applicant for issuance of BoG operating license.
- Provisional Membership Certification: A successful applicant shall be issued with a provisional membership certificate renewable annually for two (2) years at a fee of GHc100. A perpetual membership certificate shall be issued at the end of two (2) years if the members found to be of good-standing.
- Bank of Ghana License: The applicant will be recommended for the issuance of Bank of Ghana license. The license shall be renewed annually at a fee of GHC 300
- Susu Investment Fund Contribution: All GCSCA members shall pay monthly premium into the Susu investment fund (SIF). Optional contribution aside the prescribed monthly premium are allowed.
List of Active members:
Operating rules and guidlines – Microfinance Institutions July 2011: